Thursday, May 26, 2011

Finding my place

I'm not sure many people know this about me, but I consider myself agnostic.  I just don't know where I fit in spiritually in this world.  I've been doing research on different beliefs and have started looking deep into the Earth-based religions.  I've always felt very connected to nature and am always of a better state of mind when I'm out in the natural world.  I know some people will call me a Satan worshiper if I decide to follow this path and say I don't believe in God.  Each of these is not true.  I believe for sure in a higher spirit that created or had some hand in creation.  I do not, however, believe in something that lives in the sky away from those he/she created.  I believe that the high spirit is among us and part of everything.  Maybe this is the path for me, maybe it isn't.  The only way I can know for sure is to dig deeper.


On another note, Bubba and Mom are in Orlando right now for Bubba's high school band trip.  Hopefully they bring me an elephant back!!  I hope they stay safe and enjoy their trip.  Can't wait to see pictures and hear stories!  Not sure if Dad and Bubba are on talking terms, but since Bubba got the new car Dad is testing his to see if it would be worth bringing to Norman for me.  So at least Dad and I are still semi-good.  I should probably talk to Bubba about telling our folks soon.  They deserve to know their son and daughter as well as possible.

Here's some pictures from Bubba's graduation last week.

Bubba's new Ford Fiesta

Me with Mayor Bloomberg, at Bubba's Academic All-State Banquet

Bubba and I after he graduated

2 comments:

  1. Why isn't there a like button for everything? I wanna like your pic with you and your brother!

    Also, I am with you on the religion thing. I think I am what is referred to as a pantheist. Its not easy in a country where the b-i-b-l-e is boss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Bubba is my bestie. I'm gonna miss him when he goes to OSU but his best friend from high school will be in Norman so he has to visit us!

    Sometimes I hate being in the Bible Belt, but sometimes it isn't so bad. However, if anyone really knew about religious exploration, especially since it involves Wicca, I'd lose a lot of the clout I have built up in Norman. I don't plan on going around cursing people, but I believe in the healing aspects and many others.

    ReplyDelete